Country Director At Asian Development Bank Sri Lanka
Post :- Country Director (Sri Lanka Resident Mission) Job ID:- HR-13-0826
Posting Date :- 13-12-2013
Closing Date :- 07-01-2014
Company Name :- Asian Development Bank – Colombo
Location :- Colombo, Sri lanka
Lead the full range of work in the planning, implementation and supervision of the Sri Lanka Resident Mission’s (SLRM) vision, goals, strategies and work plan in support of overall ADB goals. Oversee the quality of work and ensure the achievement of objectives of SLRM. Lead and support external and internal relations, coordination and consultation initiatives for the department and with ADB as a whole. Lead and provide guidance on day-to-day operational issues and compliance with ADB policies.
Immediate Reporting Relationships / Other Information:
– Supervisor: Director General
– The following staff positions may be supervised by the incumbent:
* Administrative Staff
* National Staff
* International Staff
Women are encouraged to apply.
– Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in the relevant assigned sector/area. University degree in the relevant assigned sector/area combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree
Relevant Experience And Other Requirements:
– Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
– At least 15 years of relevant professional experience in country programming, project processing and administration. International experience working in several countries.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
– International experience working in development in several countries
The Country Director is accountable to the President, through the Director General, for all matters relating to the safety and security of ADB personnel, dependents, other stakeholders, Bank facilities and assets at the duty station. As ADB is a full partner in the United Nations Security Management System, the Country Director is also responsible to the UN Designated Official for Security for all matters related to safety and security at the duty station, sits as a member of the UN Security Management Team and must ensure compliance with UN security rules and regulations. The Country Director shall appoint a Security Focal Point to assist in these matters and shall refer to the Security and Emergency Services Unit in OAS for technical advice and support. These security responsibilities shall be reflected in the Country Directors Performance Development Plan (PDP).
Apply the job visit here