FTC Account Services(CBO) at Standard Chartered Bank Sri Lanka
Post :- FTC-Account Services(CBO) Job ID413081
Posting Date :- 19-12-2013
Company Name :-Standard Chartered Bank – Sri Lanka
Location :- Sri Lanka
– To build and run Consumer Banking Operational activities more effectively and efficiently by controlling operational risk, motivating and managing staff to maintain high level of service quality in the most cost effective manner
– compiling with group policy and legal rules and regulations, and monitor and deliver major improvements in CBO activities in order to achieve desired goals and objectives.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
– Processing all types of amendments and closures, WHT activities, Capturing of Signatures in SIG CAP system and all other functions related to account maintenance in accordance to process note and guidelines
– Printing of letters which is related to amendments, closures, Sig cap and WHT activities.
– Carrying out duties as per granted custodianships
– Archiving of processed documents as per the lay down guidelines
– Assisting all account opening, loans and OD’s, Fixed deposit related activities, processing of cheque books along with preparing of letter which are related to A/C Services.
– Build a supporting culture amongst staff in CBO Account Services by identifying internal and external customer requirements, cost control without compromising on quality of delivery, maintenance of compliance, regulatory guidelines, operating instructions etc.
– Deal with queries, investigations and complaints, work closely with team members, and propose improvements to procedure in order to improve processing efficiency/quality.
– Network on behalf of the team (communicating back to team members) with internal customers, support units, counterparties to remove blockages, improve transaction flow, co-ordinate the implementation of change, and generally to facilitate the effective working of the team.
– Ensure that the unit operates in accordance with the Group Guidelines and within risk parameters using standardized procedures and processes to ensure that the best practices are always adapted and migrated.
Processing and Controls
– Responsible of introducing and implementing of proper processing procedures and controls to enhance the efficiency of the team, streamline processes and to avoid any risk, loss and complaints.
– Self-efficiency, productivity standards and track achievement to ensure that all operations carried out at CBO – Account Services by adhering to internal & external policies and regulations by meeting the dead lines and service standards.
– Ensure that all transactions are processed as per group policies/DOI and approved delegated limits.
– Meet turnaround times as per the Service Level agreements and productivity standards.
– Ensure that proper procedures are in place to monitor the breaches to the agreed service standards.
– Build a supportive culture in CBO – Account Services by installing the concept of both internal/external customers, maximize on service efficiency, and drive this process by establishing service level agreements with the operations and service functions and ensure delivery standards as per SLAs.
Risk Management & Compliance
– To ensure that all risks related to Consumer Banking Operations are identified and also documented in the KCS & KRI reporting.
– To ensure there is periodic follow up on issues risk identified in the KCS & KRI
– Effectively manage operational risk through implementation of appropriate tools – qualitative and quantitative and establish a process for escalating and timely resolution of significant operational risk, issues and complaints.
– Ensure the team members understand the Group compliance, zero tolerance policies and external regulations etc and strictly comply with these through out Consumer Banking Operation’s processing functions.
– Takes responsibility for and meets local and group compliance requirements within Account Services.
– Examines audit reports to identify operational weaknesses and recommend process improvement development needs.
– Ensure that Consumer Banking Operations reach pass in audit rating in all areas and also through marinating 6’s in the department
– Ensure all transactions are processed within Group operational risk policy, procedure laid down in the DOI, and service standards established.
– To ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the bank’s effort in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers, and to combat in money laundering“.
– Ensure compliance with the laws of the land, implement and exercise local banking regulations, and build strong relationships with the CBSL & IR.
Money Laundering Prevention Responsibilities
– Maintain clear lines of internal accountability and responsibility for Money Laundering prevention.
– Be aware of the suspicious transactions reporting lines and procedure.
– To design and implement a proper procedure to handle all investigations/correspondence, Complaints relating to Account Services in a timely manner to avoid any loss or complaints.
– Work closely with IT to meet the operational requirements.
– Responsible to assist in testing and upgrading of systems of CBO -Account Services.
– To maintain the Consumer Banking Operations premises
– To maintain and test the Business Continuity Plan
Qualifications & Skills
Knowledge and skills
– Have successfully passed 8 or more subjects at the Ordinary Level examination (excluding “General Knowledge / Optional English”)
– Should have completed a full professional/academic qualification.
– Communication skills
– Good knowledge of banking operations, DOI & Processes
– Good understanding of product, policies, Group guidelines and Central Bank & IR Regulations
– A good understanding of values of the Group.
– Ability to handle pressure, conflicting priorities and constant change.
– Leadership behaviour with regard to additional responsibilities with a good understanding of values of the Group.
About more details visit http://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/10159239?trk=rj_jshp