Head of Support Services At UNOPS – Colombo
Post :- Head of Support Services
Posting Date :- 21-01-2014
Company Name :- United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Salary and Other Benefits:-
An attractive remuneration package and other benefits will be offered to the selected candidate
The Head of Support Services (HSS) has a primary reporting line to the Operational Hub Director (OHD) and is responsible for ensuring the highest efficiency and client service in Support Services. She/he is a member of the Senior Management team, with responsibility and accountability for all aspects of Operations management of the Operational Hub.
The Head of Support Services provides strategic guidance, analyses and operational oversight over the management of LKOH resources, and is responsible for safeguarding the financial accountability of the office. The HSS leads strategic planning for, and coordinates and manages the activities of the support services. The HSS advises the OH Director on the overall strategic direction and activities of the functions and their staff, and is accountable for ensuring consistency with UNOPS Regulations, Rules and procedures and good management practices.
In support of the Operational Hub Director’s leadership role for all LKOH operations, the HSS is responsible for oversight and delivery of services to the partners of LKOH against tough standards of speed, consistency and quality, establishing UNOPS’ reputation as an organisation that provides operational excellence for results that matter. The HSS provides support to the operations in Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives and India Project Centres.
Under the supervision of the Operational Hub Director, the Head of Support Services (HSS) ensures development of effective, integrated and centralised administrative and support services for all UNOPS programmes and projects in the Operational Hub. She/he is responsible and accountable for the management and operations of the Operational Hub’s administrative and support division and the properties and assets entrusted to the OH. HSS will liaise closely with the Integrated Practice Advisory and Support Group (IPAS) at UNOPS HQs.
-Advanced University Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
-Bachelor’s Degree and 2 additional years of relevant working experience may also be considered.
– 7 Years of relevant experience in accounting, financial management, procurement, and logistics, preferably at a senior post which should include a minimum of 4 years of UN working experience.
– Practical experience with UN financial management procedures, with special emphasis on logistics, planning, budgeting, procurement, and financial management.-
– Experience in UNOPS/UN human resources management/personnel administration procedures.
– Experience in UNOPS/UN procurement and stock management systems.
– Experience in UNOPS/UN logistics at a senior level.
– Computer literate, in particular MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
– Fluency in English required.
– Knowledge of a second UN working or regional language desirable
More details Click here https://gprs.unops.org/pages/viewvacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=4571