Graduate Teachers At Ministry Of Education
Post :- Graduate Teachers – Physical Education
Company Name :- Ministry Of Education
Posting Date :- 08- 07-14
Closing Date :- 18- 07-14
Salary And Other Benefits :-
salary scale entitled for the Post is the salary segment bearing No. TS-1-2006A (Rs. 14,135 -180×9 -240×6 -330×5 – 400×7 – 645 x13 – Rs. 30,030 monthly). You will be placed in the monthly salary of Rs. 15,395 which is the 8th step of the salary scale.
Qualifications for the recruitment :
Educational Qualifications related to the Post :
– Having passed 6 core subjects in not more than two sittings with three (03) credit passes having passed Mother Language and Mathematics at the G. C. E. (O/L) Examination or having obtianed the other qualifications deemed equal to such qualifications by the Commissioner General of Examinations : should have passed a minimum of five (05) core subjects in the first sitting.
The core subjects are :
(i) Religion (ii) First Language(iii) English (iv) Mathematics (v) Aesthetics (Arts/Dancing/Music/Drama and Theatre/Literature (Sinhala/Tamil/English/Arabic) (vi) Science and Technology (vii)Social Studies and History (viii) Technical Subject (Agriculture/Business and Accountancy/Handicraft Industry)
– Passing a minimum of 03 subjects in one sitting at the G. C. E. (A/L) Examination ;
– Having obtained a degree on the relevant subject from a university recognized by the University Grants Commission or from an Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission as an Institute of awarding Degrees.
General Qualifications :
– Should be a citizen of Sri Lanka ;
– Should be of a good moral character and should have a sound mental and physical fitness ;
– Should be not less than 21 years and should not be more than 35 years as at 18.07.2014 which is the day of calling applications.
Method of Recruitment and Service Conditions :
– Eligible persons to be recruited for the vacancies existing in the Post of Teachers will be selected by a structured interview conducted by the Appointing Authority for recruiting applicants for the service from among the applicants who has responded the notification. The applicants who have not yet completed the qualifications indicated in this notification will not be called for the interview.
– Action will be taken to provide a register prepared by indicating the vacancies in the national schools for the appointees who have qualified from the interview for naming five schools closest to their residences respectively for which they are willing to get their appointments in relation to the subject they have fulfilled the necessary qualifications.
Note.– The order of preferences of the schools provided by the applicants as per each subject will be given the priority. In case where preferences are more than the number of vacancies in relation to the subject taught at the school, the priority will be given to the order of marks obtained at the Structured Interview. In case where several applicants have obtained equal marks and have requested the same school, the priority will be given on the basis of the distance to the school. The
recruitment of eligible applicants will be made on those criteria.
– The selected applicants will be appointed to the Grade 3-1 of the Sri Lanka Teachers’ Service subjected to the General Conditions which govern the appointments of the Government, the conditions stipulated in the Sri Lanka
– This post is permanent and pensionable.
– Promotions will be made under the Sri Lanka Teachers’ Service Minute.
– These appointments are subject to the procedure of transfers of the Sri Lanka Teachers’ Service.
The method of applying :
– The application form should be in conformity with the specimen application provided in the notification and it should be filled by the applicant himself after preparing it on both sides of an A4 size paper.
– The accurately perfected applications should be sent by the Registered Post to reach on or before 18.07.2014.
“Recruitment to Grade 3-1 of the Sri Lanka Teachers’ Service for the subjects of Physical Education” should be compulsorily stated at the top left hand corner of the
envelope enclosing the applications
Apply Post :-
Ministry of Education,