Curriculum vitae and Cover Letters For Srilanka
What is meaning of C.V?
- Curriculum vitae(CV) provide an overview of a person’s experience and other qualifications. In some countries, a CV is typically the first item that a potential employer encounters regarding the job seeker and is typically used to screen applicants, often followed by an interview, employment.
- Provides a summary of experience and skills
- CVs include information on one’s academic background, including teaching experience, degrees, research, awards, publications, presentations, and other achievements.
- A resume is a one or two page summary of your skills, experience and education.
- A curriculum vitae includes a summary of your educational and academic backgrounds as well as teaching and research experience, publications, presentations, awards, honors, affiliations and other details.
- Your CV should be clear, concise, complete, and up-to-date with current employment and educational information.
- Still not sure how to set it up? The following is pretty standard.
Previous work experience (last or current job is usually listed first) :-
What the meaning of Cover Letter?
- A cover letter typically accompanies each resume you send out. Your cover letter may make the difference between obtaining a job interview and having your resume ignored, so it makes good sense to devote the necessary time and effort to writing effective cover letters.
- A cover letter should complement, not duplicate, your resume. Its purpose is to interpret the data-oriented, factual resume and add a personal touch. A cover letter is often your earliest written contact with a potential employer, creating a critical first impression.
- There are three general types of cover letters:
The Application letter which responds to a known job opening
The Prospecting letter which inquires about possible positions
The Networking letter which requests information and assistance in your job search
- Effective cover letters explain the reasons for your interest in the specific organization and identify your most relevant skills or experiences (remember, relevance is determined by the employer’s self-interest). They should express a high level of interest and knowledge about the position
Sample Targeted Cover Letter
Your Phone Number
Dear Mr./Ms. (Last Name) :
- I am interested in the (position) on (Company). My resume is enclosed for your review. Given my related experience and excellent capabilities I would appreciate your consideration for this job opening. My skills are an ideal match for this position.
- Company Requires for the job
- Previews experience of the field
- How to solve those problems how to handle the problems
- Improvements and jobs growth of the current company
- Current reading courses and any other educational programs
- Current company jobs (Hiring, training, scheduling and management of staff)
- Kind of driver’s license
- Extensive experience in collegiate programming and management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- I appreciate your taking the time to review my credentials and experience. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Your Signature (for hard copy letter)
Thanks for :- http://jobsearch.about.com/