Data Scientist At Softlogic
Post :- Data Scientist – Data Analytics
Company Name:- Softlogic Life
Posting Date :- 08-11-2016
Closing Date :- 30-11- 2016
We are Sri Lanka’s fastest growing and most innovative Insurer with revenue of over Rs. 5 Billion. During the last five years, we have grown at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of over 30% and we were recognised as one of the Top 25 Great Places to Work in 2016.
ARE YOU A DATA SCIENTIST WITH A BUZZ FOR BIG DATA?
The Life Insurance sector in Sri Lanka has tremendous potential. Therefore, we are embarking on an exciting journey to herald an era of Digitization. Backed by the unparalleled strength of Sri Lanka’s most dynamic and reputed conglomerates, we are building a team that will revolutionist the Life Insurance Industry in Sri Lanka. To do so, we are seeking dynamic individuals in the following capacities.
Big Data is not just hype. The world’s data is multiplying every 1.2 years and analytics are defining the difference between the winners, and the losers. So if you dream big and can see “the big picture”, we want you to join us as a Data Scientist.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Your role will be to unlock new opportunities by using data science techniques to innovate our industry. You will need to understand algorithms and build machine-learning capabilities to identify opportunities and improve experiences through personalisation.
WHAT CAN HELP YOU ACHIEVE THIS?
– MA or PHD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science (or in a related field) or significant hands-on experience specifically in Big Data/ Hadoop environments.
– Experience in analytics, quantitative and qualitative research.
– High proficiency in the use of statistical packages and statistical techniques.
– Coming up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets.
– A variety of programming skills such as Spark, Hadoop MapReduce, Java, Scala, Python, Talend, Hive, Apache Drills (or other big data frameworks).
– Statistical modelling: SAS, R and Machine Learning Algorithms.
– Solid skills in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting, predictive analytics, multivariate testing and optimization algorithms.
As the world is constantly changing with new data sources and business challenges, we want you to be able to work in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment. You should also have the ability to advise senior management on new insights and their implications, be hands-on with prototypes and demonstrations to help management build the business.
WHAT CAN WE GIVE YOU?
Working at Softlogic Life is incredibly challenging and rewarding. In addition to a highly competitive compensation package, we provide you an excellent opportunity to grow in your career through continuous learning and development. You will be a part of a unique work culture supported by enthusiastic colleagues and a thriving work environment.
If the above descriptions fit your profile, we invite you to send us your comprehensive resume to indicating the position (Data Scientist or Management Trainee) by the 30th of November, 2016. We will only contact shortlisted applicants. For more information, please visit www.softlogiclife.lk
Apply E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org