Sri Lankan Ayurveda & Herbal Products
Ayurveda is an ancient authentic medical system which has been originated in India, more than 5000 years ago. In Sri Lanka, it is practiced harmonized with Sri Lankan Traditional Medicine, which evolved from pre-historic era and currently operates as “Sri Lankan Ayurveda”, with a distinct identification separate from Indian Ayurveda.
Ayurveda is the hugely popular art of healthy living, which has transcended all cultures. It is formed from the root words of Ayu (life) and Veda (science); being one of the oldest forms of medical science, today it has gained wide popularity amongst consumers worldwide.
Ayurveda treats not to the symptoms of a disease but to the roots of its cause. It helps individuals to strengthen their immune system by way of treating the body, mind and spirit of a person as a whole entity. It works under the philosophy that mind and body are connected to each other and, to cure any disease both these segments should be treated taken as a whole. It concerns the unique healing practices accepted by the Buddhist philosophy as well as other religions.
Sri Lanka is well-equipped with qualified indigenous medical practitioners as well as rare diversity of natural herbs used for Ayurvedic medicine with dynamic healing powers. Sri Lankan Ayurveda is strengthened by two government institutions affiliated to the main Universities to offer indigenous medical degrees, as well as registered traditional physicians whose sophisticated traditional medicinal knowledge inherited from generation to generation.
- Curing diseases by medical services with preparations of herbs and by ritual practices that consists purification (Shodana Chikitsa) and healingtreatments. (Shamana Chikitsa)
- Prevent diseases by immune enhancing with non-toxic nutrition (pathya/apathya), enhancing digestive power with herbal remedies (Agni Vardaka) and ritual practices.
Natural and finished products, from balm, to beauty care products, to tea, are also available for export. Sri Lanka exports several varieties of medicinal plants for the world’s benefit. Community or out-grower systems of cultivation are in place to harness these products for export. Sri Lanka’s Ayurveda healthcare is garnering the attention of high end tourist market.
Sri lanka Ayurveda Resorts / Hospitals Offer You
- Ayurveda Medical Treatments (including cleansing/ purification treatments)
- Ayurveda Wellness Treatments (including therapies)
Essential oils are used for a multitude of purposes including bath preparations, hair care, massage, skin care, aromatherapy and in small amounts for cooking.
The Department of Forest and the Department of Ayruveda has imposed regulations to prevent export of wild collections and over-exploiting medicinal plants in nature.
Herbal finished products should be approved by the Drug Formulator Committee, appointed under the Department of Ayurveda to market them as healthcare products in the local market and for exports.
In order to obtain the license, Quality/Introduction certification from Industrial technology Institute (ITI) should be presented to the Pharmaceutical & cosmetic products section of the Health Department.
For exports, the sourcing of medicinal plants is required to be either from own cultivation or controlled out-grower/community grower systems. The Department of Forest and Department of Ayurveda prevent the wild collection and exploitation of nature.
Plant-based traditional medicine accounts for the primary healthcare needs of over 50 percent of the world population.
Ayurveda Medical Treatments
- With the caring of friendly medical professionals and relaxing surrounding
- Identifying the symptoms and the causes for imbalance of the body (dosha or dosha waishamya) and treat the root of the disease by natural herbs. You are consulting qualified Sri Lankan Ayurvedic Physicians residing in resorts/hospitals that recommend you the treatments, food and other rituals. Initially you have to follow a sequential purification process to make your body ready for treatments.
- Sri Lankan Ayurveda offers tailor made treatment packages (14/21/30…or more days continuous treatment programs) with Yoga, Meditation and spiritual activities in luxurious Ayurveda resorts and Ayurveda hospitals.
- Healing treatments are blend with natural herbs and surrounded by breath taking sceneries for relaxation
- Quality and hospitable medical service at your room for 24 hours. Protect your privacy in a serene environment with luxurious facilities.
Three stages of purification process ARE
- Preparatory purification prior to the main purification such as oil massage and steam bath to improve sweating (Purva Karma)
- The main five (Pradhana Karma) or Panchakarma purification methods such as
Nasya (application of medicinal drops through nose)
Vamana (induced vomiting)
- Virechana (Purgation)
Vasthi (Medicated enema)
Rakthamokshana (letting toxic blood)
Post intensifying treatments to enhance the result of main purification such as following (Paschath Karma)
- Following therapies enhance the main purification process and improve body condition.
Herbal Bath – Drasvasveda
Herbal Steam Bath-Ushmasveda
Herbal Steam Inhalation-Vaaspasveda
Pouring Oil to forehead-Shirodhara
Head Oil Bath-Shirovasti
Oil Bath – Phisichill/Sarvangadara
Special Medicated Oils Pads-Pichu
Eye treatment to improve vision – Akshitarpana
Sri Lankan Ayurveda Helps Curing:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Infertility problems
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Mental stress
- Blood pressure
- Urinary infections
- Allergies and other skin deceases And many more deceases and disorders
Sri Lankan Ayurveda Therapeutic Treatments
- Sri Lankan Ayurveda therapeutic centers use Ayurvedic products and natural herbs as their ingredients.
- Services are provided by qualified therapists whotrained in recognized institutions.
- Therapists serve according to the gender of the customer.
- Flower bath including fragrance of fresh flower
Certificates for export purpose
- Quality certificate can be obtained from the SLSI (Sri Lanka Standard Institution) and/ or SGS, Colombo.
- Custom clearance at any destination may require phytosanitary certificate, which can be obtained from the plant quarantine office either in the Sea Port or in the Air Port.
- Certificate of origin (CO) and other required documents for natural ingredients and product range by the Department of Commerce, which is the designated issuing authority in Sri Lanka. Forms are obtainable from the Department of Commerce.
- If the buyers require a certificate of origin from any particular chamber, the specimen forms should be obtained from the chamber nominated by the buyer.
- It requires analysis certificates for herbal extracts, spices, essential oils and natural products which can be obtained from the ITI (Industrial Technology Institute).
- Before transporting goods to the Port the custom declaration (CUSDEC) needs to be completed. Exporters who wish to claim duty rebate must get the exporter’s copy of the CUSDEC endorsed at the customs Head office,
Are you interested to buy a sample product or Quotations/More details for this product leave your comment below, we will response within 24 hours
For Exporters / Local Agent/Brokers
If you are interest to Export the product to foreign market/if you need Overseas Importers details leave your comment below