Moving Services Business
The basic services being rendered by the operators in the moving and storage industry Include local and long-distance transportation of household and office goods; warehousing and storage services; packing and packaging services; process, distribution, and logistics consulting; merchandise sales and other services.
Lots of people who are moving want to hire someone to do the heavy lifting for them. You can leave the large-scale, long-distance moving to the big moving companies. Your work can be the local, moving-across-town or to the town-next-door jobs.
Types of moving and storage services
- Local and long-distance transportation of household and office goods
- Warehousing and storage services
- Packing and Packaging services
- Process, Distribution, and Logistics Consulting and Advisory Services
- Merchandise sales and other related services
- Merchants and Warehouse Operators
- Corporate organizations
- Government agencies
- Non – Profits and Charity organizations
- Introduce your moving and storage business by sending introductory letters
- Print out fliers and business cards and strategically drop them in offices, libraries, public facilities and train stations et al.
- Use friends and family to spread word about your business
- Post information about our company and the services we offer on bulletin boards in places like schools, libraries, and local coffee shops et al
- Placing a small or classified advertisement in the newspaper, or local publication about your company and the services we offer
- Leverage on referral networks such as agencies that will attract clients who would need your customized services
- Advertise our business in relevant magazines, newspapers, TV stations, and radio station.
- Attend relevant expos, seminars, and business fairs et al to market your services
- Engage in direct marketing approach
- Encourage the use of word of mouth marketing from loyal and satisfied students
- Join local chambers of commerce and industry to market our services.
Cost for the Moving Business
- Costs of registering your business, incorporation and obtaining all necessary licenses.
- Costs of purchasing all the equipment needed for the business such as trucks, containers, boxes
- administrative costs such as fuelling the vehicles and paying off staff
- advertising and promoting cost your business in so as to increase awareness for your business
- Insurance costs